Work, rest and play

We, DL Students have now resumed our studies after having May off. I say off but, I find it hard, if not impossible to get out of the study routine. I was up and in the study at 0530 am most mornings before work and I have managed to teach myself the rudiments of ArcGIS which I find interesting. It was nice though, to be able to read something other than Archaeology, though whether historical fiction is really “getting away from it” is debateable! I am currently studying the Post Medieval module which is the last module of level one and will soon be at the end of my second year with the Uni, the time has flown by! The module is really interesting but I’m having problems deciding on my essay title, I have to choose one of five and I seem to change my mind each day. VERY excited about next week (Friday) my wife, Louise and I are off for two weeks back to cruising. The first week will be in the Adriatic visiting Koper (Slovenia), Venice, Split (Croatia), Dubrovnik (Croatia) and Kotor (Montenegro). The second week will be Chania (Crete), Athens, Katakoulon for Olympia, Mykonos (Greece), Kusadasi (Turkey) for Ephesus. We really can’t wait but I shall be taking my studies with me, more on our adventures next time. Until then, best wishes and good luck with your studies.

Mark

About Mark

Hi, I'm Mark from Melton Mowbray in Leicestershire. I am currently about to start my third year of study on the part time Archaeology BA distance learning course. I am married with grown up children and five grandsons and one grandaughter. I work full time for Severn Trent Water but have an Army background. I am loving the course so far and would encourage anyone with a passion for Archaeology to follow me to Leicester.

View more posts by Mark

Subscribe to Mark's posts