Dissertation Time

Even though I am only in the second year of University, it is time for me to start planning my Dissertation.

I am very lucky, and one of the few who knows what they want to do, however, according to my tutors, this is likely to change. However my potential topic is women in Victorian Prisons, and I would ideally like to focus what they did during their time in prisons.

The idea of a dissertation is to find a niche area in a part of history which you like. So for me, this is Victorian¬†Prison; this came from my study of the Jack the Ripper topic which I raved about in the last term (if you have a chance to do it…¬†DO!)

I always knew that the Dissertation is a really big piece of work (10,000 words) however I wasn’t fully clear on how much weight this has on your third-year grade. It is a worth an eye-watering 40 credits, which for me is 2 whole modules! I can now really see how and why students get stressed about their dissertation!

I will keep you updated on the progress I make on my dissertation!

Brit x

Brit

About Brit

Hi guys, I'm Brit a second-year Ancient History and History student originally from Yorkshire. I'm into sports, promoting positive mental health as well as giving you study hacks and tips to help you during your time at Leicester.

View more posts by Brit

Subscribe to Brit's posts