Varsity Series… Sports Officer’s view.

I’m loving researching and writing this Varsity series so now it is time to find out our Sport’s Officers opinion.

Kennedy Adamu has been our Sports Officer this year and he has now been elected for the role again next year. Because he is our Sports Officer I thought it would be great to get his opinion on the Varsity seen as it is his face that is on one of the giant posters around campus!

If you don’t know, our Sports Officer is Kennedy Adamu, he is 23 years old and he plays Basketball and is the position Power Forward.

I asked Kennedy what does Varsity mean to him.  He told me that – Its a celebration of Leicester sport and mainly for bragging rights. It’s the one moment where everyone cares about sports.

I then asked him why is Varsity important for Uni of Leicester students he told me it is because such a spectacle is made out of it and although there are no long time ramifications, you take even more pride in representing your Uni.

However, I also think it is important because it gets people motivated and it gets people working hard because they KNOW how big Varsity is and they want to be a part of that and that is personally why I love Varsity!

I asked Kennedy what he was going to do to make Varsity even bigger and better next year he says that he wants to  – Start promo earlier, get more clubs involved in the promo, live stream more games.

It is difficult with all the events being in different places so live streaming more games would be absolutely brilliant!

Thank you so much to Kennedy for answering all my questions!

I hope you are as excited for Varsity as I am!

Brit x

Brit

About Brit

Hi guys, I'm Brit a second-year Ancient History and History student originally from Yorkshire. I'm into sports, promoting positive mental health as well as giving you study hacks and tips to help you during your time at Leicester.

View more posts by Brit

Subscribe to Brit's posts