Why I am living on my own in 3rd year.

So by the title, it is clear that this blog will be about why I have chosen to live on my own in 3rd year.

3rd year is going to be a tough but rewarding experience, my workload will increase and I have also taken on some roles in two different societies as well as working part-time in the students union and because of this I feel like I need my own peace and quiet. I struggled in 2nd year with my housemates making a lot of noise and I think that this year I need to be able to go home from a day of uni to my own space where its quiet.

Even though there are pros to living on my own, there are undoubtedly cons. The first one, and the one that has weighed the most on my mind is cost. Flats are more expensive than sharing a house, purely because the cost is now down to one person. My rent has doubled from last year to this year, however, it is something that I believe is money well spent. Secondly, I could become lonely. Even though I intend on spending most of my time at uni and with my friends, I could become lonely, however, my parents have offered to come up whenever they can which is something I massively appreciate.

I think 3rd year is going to be an amazing experience and something that I am really excited to get my teeth into! If anyone has any essentials or tips that I must know, please do let me know!

I hope you’re enjoying your summer break

Brit x

Brit

About Brit

Hi guys, I'm Brit a second-year Ancient History and History student originally from Yorkshire. I'm into sports, promoting positive mental health as well as giving you study hacks and tips to help you during your time at Leicester.

View more posts by Brit

Subscribe to Brit's posts