Results are in… (drumroll please)

Get your head out the sand as they’re back. It’s now time to face the music. So chemistry have our results back already (literally took them a week!!!!) (v v speedy marking chem dept, well done)). At any other level of education 40% was considered appalling, but at degree level, most are grateful to pass. For me, my exams went well generally, but some weren’t as fortunate.

It’s particularly horrible when people were planning on going on a year abroad, so needed to get 60% plus in each module (which isn’t easy), and didn’t get in because of one result. But even though that it’s rubbish, it can be a real kick in the backside. So, in some respects, it may be better to have failed and realised that you need to work a whole lot harder, than to scrape a pass by the skin of your teeth and think ‘ well that’s all done now, I can forget it all’.  Unfortunately, as with many subjects, Chemistry is one of those where prior knowledge from previous years is assumed and therefore forgetting part of a module from last year isn’t an excuse for your failure. We need to know most of the previous modules content, as come summer, one of them bad boys is going to be sprung back on you.

So, when revising remember to look over previous content, as more often than not stuff will come up (espesh organic, imines are a particular favourite it seems!) So get your fancy notepads at the ready, your new gel pens, and your various colours of highlighters, as semester 2 has begun. And let’s face it, it’s going to get harder.

BUT ANYWAY…. WELL DONE TO EVERYONE!!

I’m sure your results are fab, and even if they’re not, then just think there’s always summer to pull you back up to that 2:1 or 1st we all desperately crave.

Until next time, 

Katie xxxxxx

Katie

About Katie

My name is Katie and I am a second year chemistry student! I will be blogging about how to survive first year (and freshers!) how to make the most of your time at Leicester, plus everything that we get up to in the chemistry department!

View more posts by Katie

Subscribe to Katie's posts