Tour is approaching…

End of term is approaching, so that only means one thing (drumroll please)… tour is approaching!! So far have nothing ready at all and I have quite a few fancy dress costumes to buy so probs should get on it at some point.
I am SO excited, a week of playing lacrosse in the sun, drinking all day (and all night) with some of my closest friends. It’s going to be fab, although I’m not exactly sure what I’m in for (praying the punishments/challenges aren’t too bad) but I know lots of tequila will def be involved.
This year we’re going to Croatia, I have no idea what part, but I highly doubt we’ll see much of the local scenery bar the kebab shop. Croatia is so beautiful though- and if possible we would like to stay a few more days to recover. However, there is one part I’m not looking forward to- the port to port challenge. I have a reputation of being a chunderer on a night out, and to be honest, it’s more uncommon for me to not to. Port is a fortified wine, so is extremely rich and at around 20%, a whole bottle can be a fair challenge in an hour. I already get seasick, will be drunk and will have to drink entire bottle of port in an hour, so I’d say bin bags are definitely going to be a key item on my packing list. But you know, that’s part of the fun of tour, as when I come back, inevitably looking 10 years older and probably with cirrhosis- I will have to face up to the fact that I have even more exams to sit. (Seriously if you’re not an exam person, Chemistry is not for you we have loads)
So right now, I’m just looking forward to tour, and trying not to imagine the ridiculous amount of work I will have to do when I get back.

Katie

About Katie

My name is Katie and I am a second year chemistry student! I will be blogging about how to survive first year (and freshers!) how to make the most of your time at Leicester, plus everything that we get up to in the chemistry department!

View more posts by Katie

Subscribe to Katie's posts