10 things I love about Leicester

1. It’s slap bang in the middle. Need to pop down to London? no problem. Want to go up for a bev up north? Easy, only a couple of hours away.
  2. It’s very multicultural, so there are so many different cuisines- espesh indian food. (everyone loves a good curry). There’s also this fab little turkish place in town which sells the BEST and freshest falafel wraps for only ¬£3!!! Plus we have like 20 Greggs in town so what’s not to like (does Cambridge have that?? I think not)
  3. St. Martin’s square/ the lanes are full of really cute independent vintage shops/ cafes which are so fab to get yourself wavey garms
  4. Leicester comedy fest- cheap comedy nights with some of the UK’s biggest names from the comedy circuit
  5. Everything you need is within walking distance- no need for a car thank the lord because it’s a mare to drive. (*everything except the post office depot, which seems to be 1000000 miles away for some unknown reason)
  6. ¬†There are 2 Uni’s there= lots of students= cheap drink prices as we’re all poor
  7. Vicky park- lovely in the sun for a bev, nice in the winter for a snowball fight
  8. The body of King Richard III was discovered under a car park in Leicester city centre which is quite cool, so there’s a nice museum about that
  9. We have a massive diwali celebration every year which is so much fun and really brings everyone together
  10. We have a space museum. It’s really cool and you can launch your own mini rocket

Katie

About Katie

Hello, my name is Katie and I am a final year Chemistry student (yes, can't quite believe it myself!) I will be blogging about what I get up to in the Chemistry department and how to balance workload with sport. When not in lectures, even though it does seem like we spend all our time in them... I'll be either in the gym/ out at Mosh/O2 spending money on countless VKs (obviously tropical/ orange as green VKs are horrid!) I am also both dyslexic and dyspraxic, so will give an insight on what it's like and what you can do if you too have been diagnosed with a specific "learning difficulty" of similar nature.

View more posts by Katie

Subscribe to Katie's posts