Summer loving had me a blast…

You’re all singing it now aren’t you!

Hope you all had a fabby summer, unfortunately spent most of mine working, although I work in events which is pretty cool! So I am going to do a run through of the fests so you can see which one you fancy for next year! (As I’ve been to lots of them!)

Ok, so I kicked off the season working at Bramham horse trials (Leeds) which was not that fun for me as I was doing very long hours! But it is such a beautiful estate and lots of TV programmes are filmed there, such as peaky blinders, and the syndicate (BBC drama) so it’s actually really cool because you get to see what it’s really like!

Then I popped off to Glastonbury, which of course was amazing! I had a few days off so got to see the foos who nailed it (as per).  Plus saw Ed sheeran, Gabrielle Aplin, Radiohead plus many others!

Next up was Henley royal regatta, which was lovely and got to go out in the evening and chill by the lake!

Then it was off to Cornbury festival, which is a lovely family festival, got to meet Davey Cameron, Sophie Ellis Bextor, the Kaiser chiefs, right said Fred (lol) and scouting for girls because I was working behind the stage, so it was lovely!

I then went from Cornbury to SGP, and had the weekend off there, so it was super cute and glittery! Last year of it though which is really sad!

After SGP I went down to Maidstone for ramblin’ man, which is a rock festival, so I got to meet ZZ top there who were super sound and chilled.

After rambling man came wilderness festival! Lots of celebs go to it cause it’s great for everyone (Benedict Cumberbatch, MIC lot, Russell Brand etc) Grace Jones performed, as did 2 door cinema club and Bonobo, so all in all a great weekend. Plus the valley (where all the DJ’s play) is super sick!!!

After wilderness, I finished up the season with Burghley horse trials, which was so sunny and a nice way to finish my summer!

Had such a sick summer despite it being super busy!!

Katie

About Katie

Hello, my name is Katie and I am a final year Chemistry student (yes, can't quite believe it myself!) I will be blogging about what I get up to in the Chemistry department and how to balance workload with sport. When not in lectures, even though it does seem like we spend all our time in them... I'll be either in the gym/ out at Mosh/O2 spending money on countless VKs (obviously tropical/ orange as green VKs are horrid!) I am also both dyslexic and dyspraxic, so will give an insight on what it's like and what you can do if you too have been diagnosed with a specific "learning difficulty" of similar nature.

View more posts by Katie

Subscribe to Katie's posts