Term time

So this Monday I start back on full timetable *sob* and as I’m in my third and final year it means my disso (dissertation) is looming. I thankfully (praise the lord) have managed to avoid labs for my project, so if you do Chem don’t worry you won’t necessarily be stuck in a lab! I have chosen to undertake the Education project, in which I will be creating new multimedia resources for University students to further learning. Quite excited about my project if I’m actually honest, as if you’ve read any of my other blog posts, you’ll know I’m dyspraxic etc. so I would love to be able to create something to enhance the learning of other students with a specific learning difficulty.

This year I really am going to have to be organised, which I am not so great at, as I constantly lose bits of work and pieces of paper! Hopefully I can manage it, as it will make my life so much easier! So if you are in second year, maybe try and be as organised as possible, as it will make third year a breeze.

Workload has increased again this year, however I will be studying less modules due to the disso. So second years, get the partying out of your system, as there is more to do! However, we have no tutorials anymore, which is good in the sense of less work to do, but bad in another sense as they are the closest question sets to exam questions. So third year is going to be a step up from second year, but hopefully with my new found organisation ability, I should be able to successfully make that leap.

Until next time!

K

Katie

About Katie

Hello, my name is Katie and I am a final year Chemistry student (yes, can't quite believe it myself!) I will be blogging about what I get up to in the Chemistry department and how to balance workload with sport. When not in lectures, even though it does seem like we spend all our time in them... I'll be either in the gym/ out at Mosh/O2 spending money on countless VKs (obviously tropical/ orange as green VKs are horrid!) I am also both dyslexic and dyspraxic, so will give an insight on what it's like and what you can do if you too have been diagnosed with a specific "learning difficulty" of similar nature.

View more posts by Katie

Subscribe to Katie's posts