Organizing Women in Computer Science Leicester (WCSL) group event

I chaired the meeting of our WCSL group, which was a very friendly gathering with other female computing students ranging from undergraduate degree course to PhD researchers. After the initial introduction with all the attendees, we listened to the talk from Samaneh Soleimani who presented her PhD research work in Human Computer Interaction (HCI). She gave an interesting talk on ‘user experience with emotionally aware interfaces’. Following the talk we had a Q and A session with her, she also mentions about her motivation to pursue PhD in Computer Science.

As the number of female students is quite low in STEM subjects especially in Computer Science and Engineering, this group aims to support and promote more women in these subjects.

We also talked about various computing events and tech TV shows. Particularly my favourite is the ‘Click’ show, which is the BBC’s flagship technology programme. This programme talks about all the latest gadgets, websites, games and computer industry news. You can find out more about it using the below link and I highly recommend others to watch this show as well.

BBC Click: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5JdJLjT8l2PZQybvNKYCSX6/about-click

I would also like to highlight what our members say about our group:

Oishi Deb

About Oishi Deb

Hi I am Oishi, a Software and Electronics Engineering student back at the University for my final year following a wonderful placement year at Rolls Royce. I will be blogging about everything from my industrial placement experience, final year studies to what I get up to in my free time. Stay tuned to read about all the great experiences I am going to share about the University and hope to give you an insight into the life of a student at the University of Leicester till I graduate.

View more posts by Oishi Deb

Subscribe to Oishi Deb's posts