BCS Women Lovelace Colloquium 2017 part 2

The BCS Women Lovelace Colloquium also included a talk from Carrie Anne Philbin of Raspberry Pi, who talked about using your powers for good.

She is a presenter of the Computer Science – Crash course in the YouTube channel. You can watch her videos here.

There were speakers from Google as well as academics from the University of Aberystwyth.

There was a lot of networking opportunity with the companies present there which included Google, Microsoft, IBM and many more.

There was around 200 attendees came to attend the conference from across UK.

This conference takes place every year and I will highly encourage other women to attend this conference.

You can find out more from there website:

The abstract deadline is generally in the beginning of February each year and the conference takes place in April. But please check their website for the up-to date information.

This will give you the opportunity to network with big companies and get to know more about their graduate roles.

If you become the finalist for the poster presentation, you will receive full reimbursement of your travel expenses and accommodation (depending on your location).

So, what are you waiting for, apply for the BCS Women Lovelace Colloquium 2018.

I had a wonderful time at the conference and I am sure you will have too. Best wishes and if you have any questions do let me know.Photo Credit: Hannah Dee

Oishi Deb

About Oishi Deb

Hi I am Oishi, a Software and Electronics Engineering student back at the University for my final year following a wonderful placement year at Rolls Royce. I will be blogging about everything from my industrial placement experience, final year studies to what I get up to in my free time. Stay tuned to read about all the great experiences I am going to share about the University and hope to give you an insight into the life of a student at the University of Leicester till I graduate.

View more posts by Oishi Deb

Subscribe to Oishi Deb's posts