Student of the Year and Graduation

I had a wonderful time studying at the University of Leicester. I have enjoyed the challenges and the achievements in this whole journey and I was becoming more and more nostalgic as my graduation ceremony was coming closer.

I received the President and Vice-Chancellor Student of the Year award 2017, which became one of my most memorable moment at the University of Leicester. The ceremony took place on the 7th of June 2017, the day after my final project viva. The ceremony commenced with some amazing speeches which included the President and the Vice Chancellor of the University, the student union president among others. You can enjoy a short clip from the ceremony below:

Finally, my graduation was on 11th July 2017 at the De Montfort Hall. Before the actual convocation, our Department of Engineering organised a prize-giving ceremony followed by some refreshments. I was making the most of this opportunity to speak to my fellow classmates and my professors before I leave.

I was really delighted to receive the Leicester branch British Computer Society (BCS) prize for ‘Best Student’ graduating in Software Engineering.

After this prize giving ceremony, we all proceed towards the De Montfort Hall to attend the final ceremony of the day which was about to start at 3 pm. All the graduates and their guests were seated and the ceremony commenced with a welcoming and inspiring speech from the vice chancellor. We all went up to the stage, shook hand with the vice chancellor and then later received our degree certificate. The whole ceremony was recorded live so that the family members who weren’t able to attend could view it. The ceremony lasted roughly for over an hour.

All the memories from my First year started flash back, I still remember the Professional and Industial Aspect of Engineering (PIAE) courses in my first year, which was a great experience.

First year PIAE course

Finally, it was the time to say Adios to my university and to cherish all the memories that I have made at the University of Leicester.

Oishi Deb

About Oishi Deb

Hi I am Oishi, a Software and Electronics Engineering student back at the University for my final year following a wonderful placement year at Rolls Royce. I will be blogging about everything from my industrial placement experience, final year studies to what I get up to in my free time. Stay tuned to read about all the great experiences I am going to share about the University and hope to give you an insight into the life of a student at the University of Leicester till I graduate.

View more posts by Oishi Deb

Subscribe to Oishi Deb's posts