Hakuna Fatmata

So it is the last day of the Student’s Union Executive Elections today and I want to urge everyone to vote for the candidates that they believe in. I was also inspired to write a blog post on a candidate that I believe in, and that is Fatmata Daramy aka Hakuna Fatmata.

Apart from her being a close friend of mine, since our school days, I think that she will make an amazing Education Officer for the University of Leicester. This is because she is smart, passionate about the improvement of education, and wants to have out student voices to be heard.

Her main policies are:

1 – Allowance on printing credits every semester. – In the ideal world, we will all have free printing, but since we don’t live in that world, fighting for more printing credits is a good start.

2 – Have timetable released at least 3 weeks before term starts – Yes, please!!!

3 – Recycling textbook scheme. – As an English and history student, we have to buy so many books each semester, and it would be amazing to get them for less and also for it to be better for the environment.

4 – Personalised exam feedback – Who wouldn’t benefit from this?

5 – More recommended course books in the library – Again, woohoo!!! Especially for history, I could do with more than one copy of an ‘essential’ book that I only need for one tutorial. Instead of either not doing the reading (because the one copy the library has has already been taken out) or buy one on amazon just for one week (nope).

I urge everyone to go out and vote. Exercise your democratic rights. And if Hakuna Fatmata seems like the right Education officer candidate for you, then by all means, please vote for Fatmata.

Khadija

About Khadija

Hey, my name is Khadija, I am an English and History undergraduate student. I will be blogging about my year abroad in France. I am obsessed with History, especially Medieval History and love to read, hence the English half of my degree. Throughout the year I’ll be keeping you updated on all the excitements of living abroad, the differences and similarities to Leicester , and all the things I’ll learn living abroad.

View more posts by Khadija

Subscribe to Khadija's posts