Graduation

This is it. It’s all over. I’m officially a graduate. I’m no longer a student, I’m in the ‘real world’. And I’m so excited.

Graduation day was amazing. Driving from London to Leicester at 10 am and getting to Leicester for 12. Then, I went to Queen’s Hall to pick up my cap and gown and get my professional pictures taken.  Then it was off to print off the tickets, sneak into the law marquee and get some free food and drinks and take what felt like two million pictures. Being there with my mum, dad, 2 aunties, uncle and my younger brother was amazing. I felt so proud of all that I’d achieved.

And then there was the ceremony, which lasted 2 hours. Hearing two alumni speeches and seeing them get their honouree degrees showed me how much can be achieved after I leave uni. It made me even more excited about the start of this new chapter in my life. Finishing university is not the end, just the beginning. And I can’t wait to start my job in October and enjoy everything life has to throw at me. I still can’t believe that I’ve graduated, that I’m no longer a student. I’m in the ‘real world’ now!!!

Khadija

About Khadija

Hey, my name is Khadija, I am an English and History undergraduate student. I will be blogging about my year abroad in France. I am obsessed with History, especially Medieval History and love to read, hence the English half of my degree. Throughout the year I’ll be keeping you updated on all the excitements of living abroad, the differences and similarities to Leicester , and all the things I’ll learn living abroad.

View more posts by Khadija

Subscribe to Khadija's posts