Goodbye

This is my last blog post for the University of Leicester, my goodbye post.  Leicester has been such an amazing place to study. The diverse student body, the opportunities that it offered, the growth that it enabled, all this makes saying goodbye so difficult.

I remember my first day, being driven to Freeman’s common by my family and feeling so nervous. I remember getting to Freeman’s common and seeing my room (which was better than I expected) and picturing the life I would have in that room. All my expectations of university that I had during that first day were exceeded in the last four years. I met the most amazing people during those four years, people that I’m about to go on holiday with this afternoon. I was taught by lecturers and professors who were experts in their fields, who inspired and motivated me to think deeper, to read more, to do more research. I gained school spirit by cheering on my university during Varsity and going to the varsity games and showing support. I earned money by taking on various part time jobs, ones that didn’t interfere with my studies. I participated in the decision-making processes at the university by being a course representative and going to Student Staff committee meeting, lunch with the Vice Chancellor and various other conferences with senior members of staff.

Leicester has been amazing because I choose to get involved. For all those starting university in September, or for those already at university, don’t be afraid to get involved, to meet new people, join new societies, to showcase school spirit, because those are the things you will remember.

Khadija

About Khadija

Hey, my name is Khadija, I am an English and History undergraduate student. I will be blogging about my year abroad in France. I am obsessed with History, especially Medieval History and love to read, hence the English half of my degree. Throughout the year I’ll be keeping you updated on all the excitements of living abroad, the differences and similarities to Leicester , and all the things I’ll learn living abroad.

View more posts by Khadija

Subscribe to Khadija's posts