Planning for the Future

In exactly a month, I will have completed my last undergraduate exam, and in three months I will officially be a Film & Visual Arts graduate of the University of Leicester. Considering how fast these milestones in my academic career are approaching, I thought it was appropriate to write a blog post about my plans for the future.

– I’ll be returning to London. I’ll definitely miss Leicester, having lived here since I was 19 and growing to feel like I really know the city. But, at the same time, I can’t wait to permanently move back home to London. It’s been a great experience living in another part of the country, but sometimes there’s nothing better than home.

– Applying for Film MA. I’ve decided recently to pursue a masters degree, applying to London Universities in the hope of securing a place for the next academic year. Although I would love to stay in Leicester, I’ve always wanted to study in London, so fingers crossed!

– Summer Jobs. As all University students will know, studying comes with a hefty price and unfortunately I have quite a bit of paying back to do. So, my immediate plans for the summer are to find a job to ease my mind off money worries as soon as possible.

-Holiday! Several days after graduation in July I am jetting off to Menorca with my family to celebrate the end of my degree and I can’t wait to spend a week in the sun without any (immediate) worries!

Jessie

About Jessie

Jessie has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hi all, my name is Jessie and I'm currently in my third and final year as a Film & Visual Arts student here at the University of Leicester. I love all things movie-related, so my course is the perfect mix between work and play. Throughout the year I'll be bringing to you what its like to be a movie-loving nerd here at the University of Leicester through my little blog posts; informing you on my amazing course modules, the best places to catch the latest films and what to prepare for if you're looking to join the Film department. Enjoy!

View more posts by Jessie

Subscribe to Jessie's posts