Shortlisted for the Student Awards 2016!

This week I had some really wonderful news – I’ve been shortlisted for an individual award – Green Achiever of the Year! Not only that but the society I run, the Environmental Action Society, has been shortlisted for TWO awards – Green Impact and Campaigning Group of the Year! Its a real honour to have been shortlisted so thank you so much to whomever nominated me 😀 And I’m so excited to be going to the Student Awards in June! Whatever the outcome, it will be so much fun to celebrate the achievements of students that have worked so hard for their passion this year. Having been so involved with the Union this year, I recognise quite a lot of the names of people who are going – you can see the other groups shortlisted here.

Athena, where the Awards will take place

Last year the society was nominated for Campaigning Group of the Year, and whilst we didn’t win the award, I still had an amazing time at the awards evening which you can read about in my blog post. I stand by what I say in that post – that our Uni is amazing in how it puts on such a glamorous event to recognise the achievements of its students. I look forward to sharing everything that happens in June!

Caroline

Caroline

About Caroline

Hey! I'm Caroline and I'm in my second year studying BSc Geography. I have a strong interest in environmental issues and enjoy music, art and volunteering outside of studying. I'll be blogging about my course and life at Leicester as well as proving that Geography isn't just colouring in maps!

View more posts by Caroline

Subscribe to Caroline's posts

One response to “Shortlisted for the Student Awards 2016!”

1. Simone

Congratulations! I hope you win.