My Final Degree Result

Ive just had my final results! Its still sinking in that Uni is all over, but I don’t want it to end! Looking back on this year, I’ve actually achieved so much more than I realised… this year I:

• Got my first ever part-time job, working in the Student’s Union and becoming poster girl for the Union Street Food Market

ad

• Spent over 150 hours of my time on committee work for my society the Environmental Action Society, leading campaigns, events, promoting the society at fairs, on LUSH radio, networking, working social media and more – the society acheiving Campaigning Group of the Year.
  • Was invited to attend the Student Awards and commended for Environmental Achiever of the Year

Picture with our certificate

Picture with our certificate

• Spent my summer getting up close and personal with 141 trees, with unprecedented quantities of spiders on despite being an arachnophobe. During the rest of the year wrote a 12,000 word dissertation for which I was an awarded a First!
My dissertation

My dissertation

• Discovered, became volunteer for and became Official Facebook Page Manager for amazing local environmental project the Real Junk Food Project Leicester, turning food destined for landfill into delicious meals for all the community!
Love these guys! Credit: Ash Brown

Love these guys! Credit: Ash Brown

• Made many environmentally motivated lifestyle changes including beginning composting andreducing my meat consumption.
  • After 12 years of waiting, lived my childhood dreams of seeing my favourite band live! #PigsCanFly #That’sWhatIGoToSchoolFor
    Busted!!

Busted!!

• Got my first ‘proper’ job working part-time for a local council, since March working 22 hours a week.
  • Finally received my certificate for the DofE Gold Award I completed in 2012 (anyone who’s done DofE will appreciate how hard it is to finally send off your DofE booklet)
IMG_20160315_145513

Stopping by Buckingham Palace on my way back from meeting the Duke of Edinburgh

And most importantly, the whole reason I came to University….

I will be graduating on July 12th with FIRST CLASS HONOURS in a degree I love with all my heart and soul – BSc Geography.

Thanks for everything University of Leicester!!

20160305_171945

Caroline

Caroline

About Caroline

Hey! I'm Caroline and I'm in my second year studying BSc Geography. I have a strong interest in environmental issues and enjoy music, art and volunteering outside of studying. I'll be blogging about my course and life at Leicester as well as proving that Geography isn't just colouring in maps!

View more posts by Caroline

Subscribe to Caroline's posts