Dissertation idea

The whole idea of writing a dissertation based on your own research scares me. Shall I say, it used to scare me. I am fresh out of the dissertation ocean and I am here to enlighten you what my dissertation was about. My dissertation was creating a master chronology based on oak trees in Perivale nature woodlands, west London. What is a master chronology you may ask? In simple words, it is a timeline created from tree rings. This gives an idea how old a tree is and comparisons can be made between other trees from the same species. It is more complicated than that explanation however, that is the simplest way to describe it. I started to core my trees in September, started to analyse my tree rings in November and submitted it in January. Writing my dissertation has not been easy and I am slightly happy it is over.

Simran

About Simran

Hello everyone. My name is Simran and I am a third Geography student. I will be blogging about my adventures as a university student, from flying off to Colombia to staying in a Leicester student house.

View more posts by Simran

Subscribe to Simran's posts