So the sad time has come that I must leave the wonderful city of Leicester, the University and all of my incredible friends in the rock store, I mean the people that I have spent the last 4 years with. It has been the best experience of my life so far and I am sad to be leaving so many fantastic things behind. Here is another of my infamous lists: top 5 things I will miss the most about my time in Leicester, in no particular order..
1. The people, this absolutely has to be the top of my list. Geologists are awesome people, one of a kind (I mean how many people do you meet that enjoy looking at rocks?). And to all of my non-geology friends, you are awesome too, thank you for keeping me sane and for entertaining me with conversations about real non rock related issues.
2. The campus because it feels like a second home
3. Jane the dinosaur, just because she is amazing
4. A great place to go and eat curry, Leicester really tops the chart in terms of curry houses
5. The rock store.. maybe… just a little bit. Okay fine, the final number on my top things I will miss must be Bradgate park
I also want to take the chance to introduce the new geology blogger Jo M who will taking over my job! You can find her first blog here.
Don’t worry this isn’t goodbye yet – you’ll get to see me in my graduation gown soon!