The middle of first semester!

Whether you believe it or not we are actually getting close to being in the middle of the second semester, time at uni goes so ridiculously faster don’t you think!  When I think back, this time last year was quite a relaxed semester, with mineralogy being the hardest topic of the freshers year in geology. I enjoyed dynamic earth as my favourite module though, so I hope all our first years are enjoying their modules. I’ve got to the end of this paragraph and realised that you all have a different layout this year, so in translation, the hardest work is the minerals under microscope, and the favourite module was the volcanic and igneous introductory stuff.

This semester in second year has been quite a challenging awakening. The step up seems to be quite big. Of recent we have submitted application forms and CVs to be assessed, but also we have our independent mapping projects to be completed very soon. Currently though, we are doing a module on major events in the history of life, which is very interesting and covers a lot of content.

In a social aspect, life here is good in Leicester. It’s all a bit busy and campus seems to be buzzing. I have joined the Slugs society (Society of Leicester University Guides and Scouts) which i have attended most weeks and I am currently enjoying making new friends and weekly pub visits!

_________________________________________________________________________

Also, as a side note, as an end blog thing I am now going to start adding in some fabulous recipes onto the end of my blogs!

SUPER SCRUMPTIOUS MELT IN THE MIDDLE CHOCOLATE PUDDINGS

Ingredients

285g dark chocolate
3 eggs
3 egg yolks
250g butter
150g sugar
75g flour

Method

1. Butter and lightly dust pudding moulds
  2. Melt chocolate and butter together
  3. Whisk eggs, egg yolks, and sugar together until light and fluffy
  4. Combine the two
  5. Fold in flour
  6. Pour into moulds
  7. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 180 degrees C

Prepare for super yummyness.

(recipe courtesy of my best friend Ellie Dickinson-Symes)

Lori

About Lori

Hello! I’m Lori, a second year undergraduate in Geology Bsc from Worcester. My main enthusiasm in life is rocks and earth’s wonderful surroundings. So most of my blogs will be based around the travel my degree entails, and the adventures that come with it! Besides geology, I love food, cooking, teaching within the community, music and finding a good bargain! 

View more posts by Lori

Subscribe to Lori's posts