Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for 2017!

My apologies for inactivity on the geology blog, Christmas seems to creep up behind you and suddenly before you know it, it’s already here. As always, the presents I have bought are still to be wrapped and the wrapping paper is still in its packet! I guess that’s due to exam prep for January and many festive gatherings. I’m sure most of you will agree that it’s nice to be back at home and being able to see friends from way back when.

So with exams around the corner, I am very much trying to balance my work and social life and the closer it gets to Christmas, the harder it gets to balance! There seems to be a direct correlation between the two! However, since it’s Christmas the more “cheesy-ness” in the world the better, so here is my “GEOLOGY” acronym for the holidays!

Gibber-gabber! An old fashioned term for being social and talking! Meet that friend you keep planning to organise something with, and you haven’t seen since high school. Talk to family and ask how they are. Keep conversation flowing and tell them all about what was great about 2016!

Eat! Eat lots and lots! It’s Christmas and you deserve it! Nobody lies on their death bed and says “I wish I’d eaten more salad”! (p.s. however, I do recommend a healthy blueberry once in a while as a must have for revision food! – they’re super yummy and so good for you!)

Outdoors! Be fit and active! – Geologists love being outdoors, it’s a great way to shake away any cobwebs, you can socialise by going for a walk, or playing football. Also, its a great way to take a break from revision.

Label! Don’t forget to label your presents as you go! I forgot to do that a few years ago, least to say it was hard trying to guess what was what when handing them out!

Offer! Offer time, love, happiness. I know its cliche, but its so true. The best thing you can do is make someone smile.

Give! Buy your grandma that pair of oven gloves she really wants from the cookery shop down the road, or your sister that game she really wants. They don’t have to be expensive, just give what you can.

Year! Reflect on your achievements this year, I bet there is loads you can come up with. Ask others what they have done this year that makes them proud. I know mine would be that I decided on my career path and gained experience in what I wanted to do with my life, one of the biggest decisions you can make.

I wish you all the very best for 2017 and a very happy holiday!

_______________________________________________________________________________

RECIPE TIME!

As its Christmas, the nicest thing to make is a roast dinner, but what about all those left overs?

It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3. All you have to do is turn them into an omelette.

Simply whisk 3 eggs in a mug, and add milk. Poor into a hot oiled pan and wait for 3-4 minutes. Add in left overs of the roast potatoes, the turkey and the veg that everyone was too full to eat and flip. Wait another 10 minutes until golden brown and there you have it.

A sound way of not wasting food. Perfect for the poor university student with very little money (most of us!)

ENJOY!

Lori

About Lori

Hello! I’m Lori, a second year undergraduate in Geology Bsc from Worcester. My main enthusiasm in life is rocks and earth’s wonderful surroundings. So most of my blogs will be based around the travel my degree entails, and the adventures that come with it! Besides geology, I love food, cooking, teaching within the community, music and finding a good bargain! 

View more posts by Lori

Subscribe to Lori's posts