Recently I’ve helped out at a few UCAS Visit Days and whilst chatting to prospective students and their parents it got me thinking about the reasons why I chose Leicester as the right place for me when I came to visit, so I thought I’d share some of these reasons as to why I like studying at Leicester so much.
- I like how the University has a self-contained campus, but it’s still close to the city centre. That means you feel like part of a community with everything you need in the same place, but are still close to all the facilities of the city.
- The geology department facilities were something which really impressed me. I like how many resources are available to support students with their studies and I know I’m not the only person who fell in love with the rock store and the sheer number of specimens available for students to use.
- Another big factor for me was that all of the staff and students who I spoke to seemed incredibly passionate and like they enjoyed what they did. Everyone also seemed really friendly and like they were part of a community, especially within the geology department which seemed like a big family.
- I also really liked Oadby Student Village when I came to visit. I liked the mix of old buildings and more modern purpose-built accommodation, all located alongside loads of beautiful green space. There’s a nice community feel to the village as several thousand students all live there together.
- It’s hard to put in to words the overall feeling about why Leicester seemed like the right university for me. I think it’s really important to visit universities that you are considering studying at so you can get a feel for whether you can see yourself there, which is something you just can’t get from looking at pictures on the website.