So I’m in the final throes of my dissertation now; seemingly every spare minute is spent frantically typing. I think this is the image of third year generally. For me, it’s consisting of typing, reading, revising, applying for jobs, and frantically trying to make the most of being a student for as long as I can. I’ve made a list of five things I need to do in Leicester before I graduate. I’ve done most of them, but I felt I should post it here nonetheless, so the world can partake in this experience as well, regardless of what year you’re in.
- Go to the bonfire night fireworks in Abbey Park
- See the Diwali celebrations (Leicester has the biggest festival outside India)
- Walk along the canals and go to Soar Point
- Visit every cocktail bar in the city (I’m nearly there!)
- Party until the sun comes up
I suppose ‘actually graduate’ should be on there as well, but fingers crossed I can take that for granted…