4 responses to “The Somethings of the Future”

1. Emily T

Scarlett-

The advice you have for those year-10 students, I am taking for myself!!

It can be all too easy to put ourselves down, and to compare ourselves to others leaving us to feel less than stellar. But, I think that realising – both – our strengths and weaknesses is empowering. After all, how can we better ourselves when we haven’t identified what needs improving?

Your testimony is reassuring and it makes your advice that much more valuable. I mean, if it worked for you, then there might be a chance for the rest of us! (If you don’t continue towards a career in law, there’s also teaching and education! I can see it, Scarlett!)

(By the way, I love your writing and personal stories! I just need to find the time to catch up on the wonderful posts.)

1. Scarlett

Hi Emily! Thank you so much for your comment. I’m glad that the advice resonated with you so much! We must empower ourselves with self-awareness, definitely. Education definitely is my passion, yes!
      I really appreciate you taking the time to read them! Glad you enjoy it!

2. Lucie

Love this post! Working with young people really is really eye-opening and makes you realise how far you’ve come; we definitely don’t reflect enough on ourselves.