Moving On

I’m going to start this blog like I have another, three years ago, around this time I was probably on holiday trying hard to enjoy myself while having a silent turmoil within my mind about university results and my future. Today, I write this post having graduated last Wednesday and in the process of moving to Southern Ireland because I’ve been successful in gaining a graduate job!

Isn’t it funny what can happen over a short space of time? I mean, we all hope this can happen to us and we probably pray and call upon our own genies for a wish, but yet, whilst I was going through all of these above stages, it felt immensely surreal, a bit sad and at the same time exciting for my next chapter. In all of this, I have also reached another stage where this will be, sadly, my last blog! Therefore what is to follow is a summary of what I think you should look out for when September/October comes by.

What I would advice you to do: be social, open to different situations, involve yourself in activities/clubs/societies and always have a working alarm, especially for those pesky 9:00AM starts!

What I would advice you not to do: do not think the whole of university will be a cake walk, it has its tough moments. Try not to slack in applying for summer internships/summer jobs and ultimately graduate placements. Finally for this blog I think, don’t forget to treat yourself to a Starbucks item once a week and eat a cookie from the Library cafe!

Studying at the University of Leicester was brilliant! I loved the layout and size of the campus and the fact that even though there were so many people studying/working here, I could still walk from one building to another and at least meet two people I knew along the way. I would be lying if I said I’m not going to miss this place but at the same time I’m grateful for what it has taught me, academically and personally.

I hope each one of you who join the institute in September/October has a genuinely good time! Good luck!

Over and Out.

Samyu

About Samyu

Samyu graduated from University in Summer 2012 and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by Samyu

Subscribe to Samyu's posts