Are We in Kansas Yet, Toto?

Well now…that wasn’t so bad after all. The FRM exam was tough, but not unreasonable. Actually, I felt like an idiot when I received the exam paper, as roughly 90% of the information I’d spent two days cramming did not appear on the exam. I guess we could say that my risk management strategy was wildly speculative. I gambled that my past paper review would be helpful for taking this exam, and I lost.

However, that being said, the exam was doable. I certainly didn’t get an ‘A’ on this one. However, all isn’t lost. It wasn’t a fail…I’m guessing I’ll get a low ‘B’ or a ‘C’…and at this point, I’m good with that. I’m in the downhill portion of this MSc race, and with the dissertation starting in a few days, I’m simply looking forward to doing some interesting research and earning my degree. As long as I get the degree, I won’t worry much about my marks. Besides, I’ve got a good average (I think I’ve gotten a bunch of B’s, one A, and one C), so hopefully I’ll be able to get accepted to Leicester’s PhD program next year. I’m probably going to take a year away from studies and relax a bit before applying to the program. I’m thinking about trying to do something with entrepreneurship, but I haven’t yet decided on a specific research focus.

OK, that’s a bit premature. Right now, I’ve got to handle the FM paper that’s due in a few days. I haven’t actually started working on it yet, but I did just download about 40 articles for the literature review. I’m hoping I don’t have to actually read all of them to get the evidence I need to support the data. I guess now would be a good time to put on a pot of coffee.

Ismail

About Ismail

Hi, I'm Ismail. I'm an American living abroad while trying to figure out what I want to be when (if) I grow up. I love sports, particularly American football and martial arts, and when I'm not working at one of my four jobs, you will likely find me in the gym lifting really heavy stuff. I'm a distance learning MSc Finance student, and I'll be happy to share my journey with you while trying to maintain some semblance of sanity.

View more posts by Ismail

Subscribe to Ismail's posts

2 responses to “Are We in Kansas Yet, Toto?”

1. Management Consulting Firm

this is awesome really awesome.. thanks…