Daunting Dissertation Dr (Prof)

Are we really in the middle of May already? Funny how time flies. I thought I would already be hammering away on my dissertation by now, but, as it my won’t, I have run into some technical difficulties – literally.

Initially, I couldn’t access the module properly in BlackBoard, but after emailing the Distance Learning student support team, they were able to resolve my technical issue by refreshing my access to the module. I have just scheduled my first meeting with my dissertation supervisor, and I have to be honest, I’m a bit nervous. He’s a tough one. Back in the Research Methods module, I remember reading some of the comments he’d made to other students regarding their proposals or research questions, and I remember thinking that having this professor will be a double-edged sword: on the one hand, he will push you hard enough to bring out your absolute best in your dissertation, theoretically making it more likely that the project receives a passing mark. On the other hand, he might be so critical that the average student struggles to meet the demands for academic rigor and research quality.

In any event, we are officially in the downhill portion of this race, and I can’t wait to start running.

Ismail

About Ismail

Hi, I'm Ismail. I'm an American living abroad while trying to figure out what I want to be when (if) I grow up. I love sports, particularly American football and martial arts, and when I'm not working at one of my four jobs, you will likely find me in the gym lifting really heavy stuff. I'm a distance learning MSc Finance student, and I'll be happy to share my journey with you while trying to maintain some semblance of sanity.

View more posts by Ismail

Subscribe to Ismail's posts