My top tips on managing stress

This is a stressful time for a lot of people. From GCSE to University students, everyone is in exam mode at the moment. Here are some top tips to get through this excruciating exam period.

1. Take regular breaks – I have always stuck to the schedule of 1 hour work, 15 minute break then resume and its worked perfectly for me. Some people go for longer or shorter. However it is proved that our concentration does dwindle, so whenever they are, regular and substantial breaks are important!
  2. Eat Healthy! – Sitting down all day and working can take it out of you. You can often feel extremely tired and sometimes lady and it is very tempting to binge on junk food. A healthy diet can help you concentrate for longer (a good food for concentration is blueberries) and give you more energy for the day!
  3. Exercise! – This doesn’t have to be a long session, but doing a bit of exercise, even if this is a stroll in the park, it’s proven to give people more motivation, and is good for your health when you’re sitting around all day.
  4. +Think positively+ Do not focus on how much you have to do, or how little you’ve done, focus on the amount of time you have left and using this productively.
  5. Subsiding the thought of being behind… – If you feel as if you are behind, try not to ask others how much they have done, it will only stress you out more. Group revision can be effective, however, never compare yourself to other people, just use groups as a support to your revision, not something to fuel your stress even more!

My main tip is to try your absolute best! As cheesy as it sounds, it’s true! At the end of the day that’s all you can do!

Tamara

About Tamara

Hey everyone! My name’s Tamara and I’m a third year medical student. I love dancing so if there is music playing, I will probably be found dancing around. I will mainly be talking about the interesting experiences the course has given me, as well as some of the amazing events the medical society has run.

View more posts by Tamara

Subscribe to Tamara's posts