Erasmus 2 – Arrival

It’s happening.

Today, my journey has finally started; It’s the start of the rest the year.

It’s Erasmus.

As I left the plane, I was greeted by Madrid’s sunny weather which helped put a smile on my otherwise tired face. You see, it all started earlier this morning when I missed my coach. Already late, I didn’t have time to panic so I spent a good hour looking through my contact list. It was time to call in a favour. Luckily for me, I found help just in time but rushing to the airport is never fun. Despite the early rush and the constant running, I managed to make it just in time. The gate was supposed to close at 12:40 pm and I arrived exactly at 12:16 pm so it was just a case of dropping the luggage and passing security. It was exhausting which meant that when I got there and realised that the plane was going to be two hours late, I didn’t feel annoyed or frustrated, instead, I welcomed the tardiness with open arms.

The journey itself was good, I managed to sleep through it so I can’t complain. Throughout the day, I was just going through the motions and getting things done but that all changed once I arrived.

It finally hit me then.

This is it.

It has started.

The first thing that came to mind was that I needed to make a few phone calls and update the family and friends. Then, I started to think of all the things that I need to get sorted before classes start. All that paperwork never truly ends but that wasn’t a surprise. It’s a part of the process. Like I mentioned before, you just need to be organised.

Things started looking better afterwards. The hotel I found was ideal because it was halfway between the airport and university. What I didn’t know was that it was right in the middle of a massive shopping centre which meant I got to spend some quality time getting acquainted with all those stores.

(The view from my window)

For my first day, it wasn’t so bad. More to follow tomorrow…

Like always, thank you for taking the time to read my post and feel free share your thoughts in the comment section below.

Until next time,

Cintya 🙂

Cintya

About Cintya

Hola! I'm Cintya and I’m currently in my year abroad studying in Spain. I'll be blogging about my experience so far as an Erasmus and Leicester student, about the course and the social side of university life, particularly, all the extracurricular activities and programmes that Leicester offers that you can get involved in.

View more posts by Cintya

Subscribe to Cintya's posts