Preparing for the next step

So I passed my probation review and then got permission to spend the Summer without thinking about my phD. Easier said, than done – ideas were floating in my head, but as July and August were really hectic, I did not have time to sit down and work.

At the beginning of September I had a supervision. In the middle of the supervision, I had a vision. For a split second everything became very clear and focused. I knew where my thesis is heading and how I will get there. Naturally this feeling disappeared very quickly, but I keep the memory of this cherished. I have never felt anything like this previously. Maybe, just maybe, I can bring this feeling back in a couple months’ time 🙂 Right now, I am doing the necessary preparations for my first field study.

And let me report you on my other endeavours. A private learning group for my son has been started on 1 September. 10 kids aged from 5 to 9 get together every day and learn in an easy, relaxed, fun environment. Most of the kids arrived straightly from kindergarten, so it takes a while for them to adjust. But it seems they will get along fine. My wife is helping the main teacher and she speaks only English to the kids. That’s a great way to learn languages!
Elsewhere I am doing research for a new book and do my usual daily job. And on Saturday my next teaching assignment will commenced at the Óbuda University, where I’ll be teaching Hungarian and international motoring history.

Pal

About Pal

I am a 40-year-old automotive industry analyst and motoring historian. I have written a few books, dozens of articles and I am maintaining two websites at the moment. I have been a lecturer at a Hungarian university for three years now - my topic is international and Hungarian motoring history. Now my next challenge is in front of you - a PhD on motoring museums. Let the journey begin.

View more posts by Pal

Subscribe to Pal's posts