We all get ill sometimes

Hey guys!

Firstly I want to apologise for not posting for over a month, I was struck by the awful flu virus that has been going around at the start of December and have only just started feeling myself again in the last week.

Due to having this virus, I had to take nearly two weeks off placement as I was limited to my bed and didn’t leave the house for three weeks over christmas. It was all great fun!

Sometimes no matter how healthy your lifestyle is, you can not avoid getting sick. Especially when you’re on a course like the ODP course, which involves going to placement and being around a lot of sick patients and staff members!

I for one hate having time off university and/or placement but sometimes you just can’t help it. So i guess i wrote this blog just to say that everyone gets sick from time to time and you should just rest and wait it out until you feel better, even if that means taking time off University! Your health is a priority over everything else.

Lizzie

About Lizzie

Hey! My name is Lizzie and I’m a second year student studying Operating Department Practice (ODP). As well as blogging about subjects relating to this course, I hope to also give you an insight into what student life is like at the University of Leicester. Due to the nature of my course, I expect a fair amount of my blog will be about attending the different placements at the University of Leicester Hospitals.

View more posts by Lizzie

Subscribe to Lizzie's posts