9 months to go!!

I was at home this evening and decided to check and look over my rota for this year. I was surprised to see that I actually only have 5 placements/9 months left to go to before I qualify as an ODP. This is an exciting and scary thought, as I will soon be running an operating theatre list on my own with no mentor there to support me.

I feel like the last year and a half has gone so quickly and my first day at Leicester University feels like only yesterday. I have definitely grown as a person on this course and have experienced so many different highs and lows. I have had some difficult periods where all of the assignments, placements and exams get on top of me, but I have got through it and have come out the other side!

Lizzie

About Lizzie

Hey! My name is Lizzie and I’m a second year student studying Operating Department Practice (ODP). As well as blogging about subjects relating to this course, I hope to also give you an insight into what student life is like at the University of Leicester. Due to the nature of my course, I expect a fair amount of my blog will be about attending the different placements at the University of Leicester Hospitals.

View more posts by Lizzie

Subscribe to Lizzie's posts