University Of Leicester ODP Open Day

Hello,

A few weeks ago the University Of Leicester held an open day for the ODP course. It took place in the brand new practical room that all of the student ODP’s have access to in the Medical Sciences building. The practical room has a life size dummy that we can practice different anaesthetic techniques on. It also has special sinks similar to the ones that are in theatres that students can practice their scrubbing techniques in.

The open day was a really good session and I enjoyed talking to prospective students about the course. If you are interested in applying for the ODP course, I would definitely recommend coming along to an open day, to get a feel of the University and to get a chance to ask any questions you may have.

All open days are advertised on the ODP page of the University of Leicester website

Lizzie

About Lizzie

Hey! My name is Lizzie and I’m a second year student studying Operating Department Practice (ODP). As well as blogging about subjects relating to this course, I hope to also give you an insight into what student life is like at the University of Leicester. Due to the nature of my course, I expect a fair amount of my blog will be about attending the different placements at the University of Leicester Hospitals.

View more posts by Lizzie

Subscribe to Lizzie's posts