Applying for jobs

Hey guys,

So today I thought I’d talk about applying for jobs on the ODP course. As I now only have 5 months left on the course (scary) we are all starting to apply for jobs so that we have one when we qualify in October. A job advert went out earlier on this week for jobs available for qualified ODP’s with in the University Hospitals Of Leicester trust. So me and all of my class mates have been frantically filling in a massive application form which closes next Sunday. Luckily we have had lots of help from our practice placement manager, who went through the application form with us. I found the new job advert really interesting, as not only did it have jobs available for ODP’s in theatre, but also in ITU and the pain clinic. I got really excited about this as I feel that the ODP’s role is expanding a lot and will continue to expand over the coming years.

Lizzie

About Lizzie

Hey! My name is Lizzie and I’m a second year student studying Operating Department Practice (ODP). As well as blogging about subjects relating to this course, I hope to also give you an insight into what student life is like at the University of Leicester. Due to the nature of my course, I expect a fair amount of my blog will be about attending the different placements at the University of Leicester Hospitals.

View more posts by Lizzie

Subscribe to Lizzie's posts