Just over a week into our university’s exam period, I am lucky enough to be completely finished with my second year exams and assignments. Funnily enough, I am now actually struggling to find things to be doing with my free time! And so, I am going to take some time to reflect upon some of the academic things that I have done well, and am proud of this year, and some of the things which I would like to continue or change for next year.
- This year, I have significantly improved my grades in comparison to first year (so far, fingers crossed for the assignments and exams that I am yet to get back!!). I have put in a lot of effort and worked as hard as I possibly could have on all pieces of work that I have submitted, and this has really shown me that you do get out, what you put in.
- I have completed (nearly!) all of the essential and weekly readings that I was given for each module and this is one of the things which has helped me to improve so much. It can seem like a lot that we are given but organising my time to enable me to do all of the readings was definitely worth it!
- I haven’t left my assignments until the last minute to submit, which has meant that my time management and organisation skills have improved a lot too. This has allowed me to factor in time to check over my work adequately and ensure that what I have written is to the best of my ability.
THINGS I WANT TO CONTINUE/START DOING
- My work ethic! I want to ensure that I do all of the readings again for next year and extra ones so that I am up to date and can focus all my attention on any assignments.
- I am going to start dissertation work over the summer. I will only be doing some readings and make notes on what I have read, but this will alleviate some stress which may come later in September/October.
- I want to make sure that I plan some things to look forward to, maybe a holiday or weekend break and some time to go home. These things will help me mentally to break up my workload and know that there are fun things which can be done alongside any work I have!
I would love to know things which you are proud of having done this year, and things which you want to ensure you do next! Let me know in the comments below!