It’s good to be back

Wow, it’s good to be back! Second week into term and I’m still feeling pretty relaxed (probably, well all right then, definitely too relaxed!;))

I’m living in the same house as last year so I don’t need to settle in again, all our crockery and extra furnishings we bought are still there and I’d left all my posters up in my bedroom.

I’ve not had much on so far and as contact hours have been reduced yet again this year it’s going to be up to me to set my own timetable. This is even more important than last year as the thing that you dread has finally come to pass- you got it, the 3rd year dissertation! Don’t get me wrong, this should be fun as it is on the topic you are most interested in but it is going to be a lot like hard work 😉 So every blog I am going to include just a little bit about what I’ve been doing for my dissertation and how many hours I’ve spent on it!

As this is my final year I’ve decided to give it my all and really go for it. Being on the committee for the First Aid Society I’m going to be teaching new members first aid at our weekly meetings and I should also be doing some volunteering for St John’s Ambulance. I’m also determined to get off my butt and do some exercise this year! So I’ve bought a Sports card and have used it to do my first swimming session today. I’ve joined Ultimate Frisbee as I haven’t been in a Sport’s society yet and I thought why not!?

When you get to 3rd year you feel as if you might have left things a bit late and missed out on stuff that you didn’t sign up to. So if you want to try something, try it! You won’t regret it and if you do continue it, you’ll have more years to enjoy it 🙂

Please post any questions or queries you might have about 1st year and what is in store or just about the uni in general 🙂

Natalie

About Natalie

Natalie has now graduated from the University of Leicester.

View more posts by Natalie

Subscribe to Natalie's posts