Christmas Socials

Although I’m writing this a day before December, I feel the Christmas spirit is well on its way to full swing! What better way to end the term than a Christmas social with your societies. Hopefully you should have gotten to know everybody by now and it should be a nice way to round off a very good start to becoming a fully fledged member of your society.

Normally societies do a Christmas meal and I’m attending 2, one for First Aid and one for Frisbee! We’re also doing a secret Santa in Frisbee which should be quite enjoyable as no clichรฉ gifts allowed!

However, another idea could be to have an in-house party with food and drink. Of course these socials are not just limited to your societies, you can hold your own Christmas parties too! My house-mates and I are planning one for the last day of term, with mince pies and hopefully some mulled wine ๐Ÿ™‚ That will be fun to make as we are all amateurs but preparing the party is half the fun ๐Ÿ˜‰

They don’t need to be expensive, there are a lot of pubs that do good 3 course meal deals or if you’re doing it in- house there are plenty of food and drink choices you can buy from the value range. Alternatively you could do a bring and share which also adds variety.

Another thing to make Christmas socials fun is to have fancy dress. This doesn’t have to be the full outfit but it’s nice to add a bit of sparkle to your wardrobe! You can also be cheeky and recycle the outfit. So I may be wearing mine on 3 separate occasions but with different people so they shouldn’t notice ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dissertation:

Although a Saturday I have been trying to finish off my reading for my draft dissertation chapter so I can start writing it tomorrow! I’m a little behind as it’s due a week on Monday but I am one of those last minute workers!

Natalie

About Natalie

Natalie has now graduated from the University of Leicester.

View more posts by Natalie

Subscribe to Natalie's posts