On my last blog I left you guys with a list of things that I wanted to do in Leicester. I have since done some of these things but unfortunately I have broken my ankle which is preventing me from completing the list! However, I thought I would feed back to you guys what I have done and if they are actually worth doing in the future!
- Fenwick. I really enjoyed visiting this store; they were not as expensive as I had thought and I wish I’d gone sooner! I could see a lot of things that would have made good presents for my friends and family.
- Leicester Cathedral. This had a lot of lovely stain glass windows and was more spacious inside than it looks from the outside!
- The Guildhall. While visiting the Cathedral I actually stumbled upon Leicester’s Guildhall as it is at the back entrance of the Cathedral. It was very interesting and relevant to my degree! 😉 More information on the Guildhall can be found here: http://www.leicester.gov.uk/your-council-services/lc/leicester-city-museums/museums/the-guildhall/
- Bradgate Park. I can’t go here anymore but I am still keen to come back for a visit!
- Leicester Riverside Festival. This was a lovely festival and fortunately the weather was wonderful. There were a lot of market stalls and a few activities. I got some henna done on my hand which was exciting as I’ve never had it done before.
- Pubs and Bars. Again I’m not going to have much luck doing these :/
- Parks. Or these!
- The River. Or this! (But luckily I got to see it at the Leicester Riverside Festival)
Breaking my ankle is unlucky but I suppose at least I am done for the year as getting to lectures would have been a struggle! At least I managed to do most things on my Leicester Bucket list before i did it!