Societies & Studying

The first set of essay deadlines for history and archaeology are finally over, which means that I have a week to relax before I start thinking about doing more work. I have 3 essays due in in January (one of which is 4000 words long) which means Christmas is going to be busy, and I’m hoping to write at least one of them before the end of term. But I’m going to have to start thinking soon about getting books out of the library before they are all withdrawn, because there’s no way I can get up to Leicester over the holidays.

However, university isn’t all about studying, and after last year where I wasn’t really a part of any societies, I decided this year to join the Historical Re-Enactment Society at Leicester. The society meets on Sundays and Tuesday evenings to do High Medieval and Napoleonic combat, as well as crafts every other week.

I’ve really been enjoying it so far, especially the craft sessions because I’m interested in learning crafts and making things, and I’ve never had a chance before. The combat is really tiring, but it’s a good workout, though I do have bruises all over my knees now!

The Facebook page for the society: <x>

anna

About anna

Anna has now retired from blogging. Hello everyone! My name is Anna and I’m a second year History and Archaeology student with a passion for literature and military history. I’ll mostly be talking about the Archaeology side of my course and what it involves, and what it’s like to no longer be living in Halls.

View more posts by anna

Subscribe to anna's posts