and a Happy New Year!

I can’t believe how quickly this year has gone; it seems like only yesterday that I was starting university, and now I’m half way through my course and I need to start thinking about my dissertation topic! Which is, by the way, terrifying. Thankfully I have actually managed to finish one of my essays in 2014, and with that in mind, here are some of my New Year’s Resolutions:

• Exercise more: Re-Enactment Society is extremely hard work, and I need to improve my fitness so that I can keep up with everyone else (and run away quick enough when I’m being chased by people with spears!)
  • Try to be less stressed about essays: the work so far this year has been absolutely non-stop and very stressful, and even after being home I need a holiday that doesn’t involve writing 10,000 words in 4 weeks. Luckily I have a week when everyone else is doing exams to sit around and do nothing.
  • Go out more when I have the chance: sitting at home is nice, but I regret not taking the opportunity to meet up with people before the workload got hectic.

What are your New Year’s Resolutions?

And have a Happy New Year, I hope you all had a good day!

P.S. I spent last night watching the Queen concert on BBC1 and it was absolutely worth not going out to a party!

anna

About anna

Anna has now retired from blogging. Hello everyone! My name is Anna and I’m a second year History and Archaeology student with a passion for literature and military history. I’ll mostly be talking about the Archaeology side of my course and what it involves, and what it’s like to no longer be living in Halls.

View more posts by anna

Subscribe to anna's posts