It’s revision time again

It’s nearly exam time again, which means that once term starts again next week the library is going to be ridiculously busy. Thankfully the only exam I have to prepare for in my Anglo-Saxon history exam on Saturday 23rd May, but I also have an essay and presentation deadline for the week before that, so things are going to be hectic.

Seeing as I spent most of yesterday revising in the library, I thought I’d share my favourite ways to revise for history exams:

• Using note cards for each historical source or topic that I need to study, which brings all my notes into one place, and which I can highlight to help me remember them. This also helps because it allows other people to test me on things easily.
  • I tend to also make mind maps for each topic, even though I often don’t look at them much afterwards because they tend to get too complicated. But writing everything out again helps me remember things.
  • Making lists of dates and events I have to remember. While the dates all appear in my other notes, having them all in one place makes it easier to memorise them all.
  • Writing out single page sheets of notes on each topic, which works similarly to using note cards.

As a side note, I’m very excited that I got a place on the dig in Ardnamurchan this summer! Our first meeting is next Thursday, so I’ll have more details then.

anna

About anna

Anna has now retired from blogging. Hello everyone! My name is Anna and I’m a second year History and Archaeology student with a passion for literature and military history. I’ll mostly be talking about the Archaeology side of my course and what it involves, and what it’s like to no longer be living in Halls.

View more posts by anna

Subscribe to anna's posts