- What does Varsity mean to you? she said that Varsity to me means representing your uni and showcasing talent
- How do you prepare for varsity? We prepare for varsity by doing a number of different drills in training and have a lot of match play
- How do you prepare for training outside the club? I prepare for training outside the club by going to the gym and working on my fitness.
- What keeps you motivated? Knowing that we win as a team and lose as a team but that ultimately relies on how much we work together.
- Why do you like netball and why do you play? When I was younger my sports teacher recommended that try out netball as she thought I would be good at it. Since then I’ve been playing netball for a number of different clubs. I enjoy netball as it is a nice way to keep active and fit.
- What does Varsity mean to you? Varsity is the time when all of Team Leicester works together to be the best in the city, it’s a great time for morale and all-round support from teams you might not usually speak to.
- How do you prepare for varsity? We have skill specific training to target weaker areas that might have come up this season so far. We also have a strength and conditioning session to make sure we’re physically our best
- How do you prepare for training outside the club? I use the uni gym often.
- What keeps you motivated? Knowing that ULNC netball has won for over the last two decades – we’d hate to break that tradition.
- Why do you like netball and why do you play? I love netball because it’s such a huge club and committee genuinely try to make sure everyone is enjoying not just the club but uni – it’s more of a family and you’re with them like 5 days a week. I played in secondary school and was always advised to join a society at uni.
- What does Varsity mean to you? Means so much- it is a great way to showcase what we’ve been working so hard on all year! Brings the whole club together- everyone gets so involved at this time of year!
- How do you prepare for varsity? Playing other teams that we wouldn’t normally play- for example, 4ths had a practice game against the 5ths. In training, fitness is really ramped up to ensure we are all at peak for the big day!
- How do you prepare for training outside the club? Drinking ban- at least a week before to ensure we are all feeling fresh! I also increase my cardio sessions to ensure I don’t fatigue during the game.
- What keeps you motivated? Knowing we will smash DMU!!! Such a great feeling with the whole club behind you!
- Why do you like netball and why do you play? I love the social aspect of Netball- Netball is like a family to me- met some of my favourite girls ever there! I play because I enjoy the sport- so much fun, great fitness!
I hope you enjoyed hearing what netball get up to!