Another Term Gone

Today marks the end of another fantastic term at Leicester, and the realisation that Christmas will very soon be here!  Personally, I can’t believe how quickly this term has flown by. I remember last year saying “I can’t believe we are half way through our degrees”, and now I only have another semester left. A scary thought!

Normally I would be packing in a mad frenzy in preparation for a night’s final celebrations with friends before Christmas. No matter how much I try, I never quite finish on time and the parents arrive the next day to find me half-packed and flinging everything I can into a suitcase. Fortunately I’m not going home just yet so I can enjoy a few days of relaxation and recovery from a hectic term.

How would I summarise my third year’s final autumn term in three words?

Busy – With the realisation of it being my last year, I finally began to get a bit more involved in some societies, particularly the Leicester LINKS First Aid Society. I wish I’d been more involved in societies in my first two years, because I think being on a committee would be great fun and it’s a great way to meet new people. I also helped out on a University Open Day to earn a little bit of money, as well as commuting home a couple of weekends to do some work. On top of all this, there’s been the intense workload and laboratory time! How did I get it all done?

Interesting – Being involved in my own research project has been a really fun experience (although very trying at times!) because I’m investigating something totally new. On that note, lecture and essay material has all been a lot more advanced and up to date, which makes it all the more interesting to learn about. Learning first aid has also been a particular highlight.

Fun – Even when the workload is piling up and that essay due in next week is weighing on your mind, university life is always a lot of fun. Whether it’s going out partying with friends, having a quiet night in watching films or exploring the city, there’s always something fun to do. The friends you will no doubt make will become some of the closest you will ever have, and they’ll definitely make sure you’re never bored.

I personally have had a fantastic term, but I’m looking forward to a bit of a rest in the run up to Christmas before I really get going with writing my dissertation. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!

~ Joshua

Joshua

About Joshua

Joshua graduated from the University in Summer 2012 and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by Joshua

Subscribe to Joshua's posts

2 responses to “Another Term Gone”

1. alan

love the beautiful tree!

2. maryam

I’m at that point right now thinking: “I can’t believe we are half way through our degrees”!