D Day – Dissertation Day, that is

The New Sports Centre Building

Today has been a good day. I woke up early to meet my friend at the new gym the university has recently purchased. It’s a lot bigger than the old one we have on campus, and best of all – there’s a swimming pool! I had a gentle work out which was followed by a nice swim, sauna and steam room. It was such a good start to the day that I’m going to start making it part of my routine. Get up early, gym’n’swim, revise for the rest of the day. Plan sorted!

After my gym session, I went to meet my Dissertation supervisor to discuss some final changes. After a quick chat, I rushed home to add the finishing touches to it. As I began printing a copy, I couldn’t wipe the grin off of my face. Months of hard work has culminated in a 54 page, 7500 word laboratory project report. Am I happy with it? Yes and no. I’m glad that it’s done, but I feel I could have done better on some things. But I always feel like that with pieces of coursework. The next amazing feeling came when it was bound and I took it to the Biological Sciences office to hand it in. Not only was it a weight off in terms of the two heavy copies in my bag, but it was also a huge metaphorical weight off of my mind. I had planned on finishing it weeks ago so that I could focus on revision, but my work plans never seem to come to fruition. But it’s done now, it’s handed in, I can stop worrying about it!

I’m off to get cracking with revision and to find out just how little I know about my third year modules! I hope you’re having as good a day as I am! Bye for now!
~ Joshua

Joshua

About Joshua

Joshua graduated from the University in Summer 2012 and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by Joshua

Subscribe to Joshua's posts

2 responses to “D Day – Dissertation Day, that is”

1. jamharl

Good thing bro. you’re done already. Well, I think you really put your heart in your dissertation -that’s impressive. I hope many will do the same.

2. Revision Tips

[…] Non-stop revision 14 hours a day, seven days a week is enough to wear out even the most studious person. Taking a break is really important so you don’t get too drained from revision. Make it an active break; go for a walk, or even a run. I personally like to go to the new gym for a swim, which I discussed in my last post. […]