Four weeks in the ‘Real World’

It has been four weeks since I officially started working as an Industrial Placement student at GSK and yet it feels like I have been here for so much longer! I have slowly managed to put names to faces (and actually remember them which is no easy task for me!) and have even managed to familiarise myself with the GSK site which is a rather tall task considering the GSK corridors are infamously known for all looking the same! I have met numerous other IP and PhD students who have come from all around the world (in my office alone there is someone from Brazil and someone else from Latvia) and it has been an amazing experience so far of getting to know everybody; where they are from and how they came about working at GSK. There is a real sense of community here and the atmosphere is without doubt one which is extremely supportive and inspiring. I know that I have an interesting and unforgettable year ahead of me and I am grateful for the University of Leicester for equipping me with the knowledge and skills which allowed me to successfully apply for this valuable opportunity.

maryam

About maryam

Maryam graduated in the Summer of 2014 and is no longer blogging for this site. Maryam blogged about the final year of her degree in Medical Physiology after returning from an industrial placement year at GlaxoSmithKline.

View more posts by maryam

Subscribe to maryam's posts