After the Exams…

examsYou no doubt had a social life which pretty much flat lined when exam period came around and now that exams are over for most of you, what are you planning on doing?

I had a BBQ last Monday when the weather was pretty great and whilst I was enjoying my corn on the cob drizzled with lemon and chilli (simply delicious!) I couldn’t help but send a sympathetic thought towards all of you who still had exams to sit. Why is the weather wonderful during exam period and then totally clouds over after exams? Simply not fair!

I’ve kept in touch with my friends who never took a placement year and so are in their final year of university and I must say I’m slightly hesitant about returning! I am really enjoying my placement and the fact that it is soon to end and I have to return to lectures and exams is really not appealing! Plus it will be my final year so think of all the extra work needed!

For all you fresher’s soon to expire, how does it feel coming to the end of your first year at university? You’ve had the whole experience from the crazy fresher’s week (or two), late nights, missed lectures, making new friends and memories. And who’s ready for their second year in approximately four months time?

maryam

About maryam

Maryam graduated in the Summer of 2014 and is no longer blogging for this site. Maryam blogged about the final year of her degree in Medical Physiology after returning from an industrial placement year at GlaxoSmithKline.

View more posts by maryam

Subscribe to maryam's posts