Have you got what it takes?

unichallenge_1513957cI remember occasionally watching University Challenge on TV whilst growing up and literally being in awe at how the contestants seemed to know the answers to questions on the most obscure topics. How on earth do they do it? Brilliant minds no doubt and so I felt a stab of envy when I read a recent email about how the student union was holding trials for a team to partake in the University Challenge.

Apparently the very first series of University Challenge way way back in 1963 was won by a team from the University of Leicester pictured above. I was surprised to hear (and found it slightly amusing) that we have not managed to repeat that success ever since. There is no point at all in me putting my name down for the trials as I will most probably be crossed off within a matter of minutes. It does sound like an exciting opportunity though and in case any of you readers are already studying at the University of Leicester and are interested in taking part, the contact email address give was ab735@le.ac.uk.

So do you think you can lead a team to victory? Do you have what it takes?

maryam

About maryam

Maryam graduated in the Summer of 2014 and is no longer blogging for this site. Maryam blogged about the final year of her degree in Medical Physiology after returning from an industrial placement year at GlaxoSmithKline.

View more posts by maryam

Subscribe to maryam's posts