Post-Christmas blues

untitledI don’t celebrate Christmas but for some strange reason, each year I still feel the post-Christmas blues. I feel sleepy and lazy and dread the New Year as I know it brings with it the return of deadlines and work. It also means that I can no longer use the holiday season as an excuse to put off doing any work!

2014 has come around really quickly and I recall of 2013 a blur of memories like a series of photos and short video clips. It’s funny as to which points you really stick in your mind and I get the shivers when I think of how at the beginning of 2013 I probably thought the exact same thing. This year though is going to be a busy and quite an exciting yet scary one as it is my final year at university which means final exams and finding a job. Terrifying as though it seems in a few months I will no longer have the security of returning to university and instead will hopefully have a new job out in the real world. Now I just need to work hard so I am well prepared for when that day finally arrives.

maryam

About maryam

Maryam graduated in the Summer of 2014 and is no longer blogging for this site. Maryam blogged about the final year of her degree in Medical Physiology after returning from an industrial placement year at GlaxoSmithKline.

View more posts by maryam

Subscribe to maryam's posts