Final year Final Semester

do-what-you-love-love-what-you-do

If only I could add final assignment to the title too! Alas no the semester has just begun and I’m in the library after having finished sorting out my lectures and to do list of upcoming deadlines. My list unfortunately is never completed and as soon as I get to one or two items left (and have a flicker of hope that I will finally have a weekend with nothing to do), the lecturer announces the deadline for another essay or practical write up. Frustrating but one of the undeniable characteristics of university life!

It’s during my dark moments that I start having thoughts of why on earth I made the decision to get a university degree when I could easily have been earning (and joyfully spending) money from a standard job. Instead I decided to pay out for an education. And I tell myself quiet sarcastically “Great choice. Simply fantastic!”

But now that my degree of four years is approaching its end, I am excited in that after graduating, I will be able to successfully start a good job, not just a standard one. A job that I know I have worked hard towards by studying a subject which despite enjoying, has at times been challenging. It could have been far easier to skip the university education but then I would not have developed the many skills I have developed at university and the prospect of applying these skills to build for myself a career in a subject area I enjoy. What’s the saying…Find a Job You Love and Youll Never Work a Day in Your Life‘. I intend to. As soon as these assignments are over with

maryam

About maryam

Maryam graduated in the Summer of 2014 and is no longer blogging for this site. Maryam blogged about the final year of her degree in Medical Physiology after returning from an industrial placement year at GlaxoSmithKline.

View more posts by maryam

Subscribe to maryam's posts